With the release of the new Pokémon GO game, millions of kids and adults around the world are using technology to search for Pokémon. However, the newest technology game doesn’t come without security warnings as the game uses GPS and location services in order to play. Try the Wikki Stix created Pokémon scavenger hunt for a no-tech and secure way to create, play, and have FUN right in your own backyard.
Pokémon Backyard Scavenger Hunt for Kids!
- Wikki Stix – assorted colors
- Photos or cards of your kids favorite Pokémon characters (many can be found online)
- Paper and Pencil or Marker
Invite kids to create their own favorite Pokémon characters with Wikki Stix. Photos of Pokémon characters can be found in an online search or in sets of collectible cards available at most retailers. Kids are often familiar with the various characters and the powers they have: water, electric, psychic, grass, fire, or earth.
Pikachu is one of the famous Pokémon characters.
To create your own Pikachu:
- Roll several strands of Wikki Stix into a ball (to resemble Pikachu’s head).
- Create two oval Wikki Stix ears, fill in the ovals with additional yellow Wikki Stix, and then add black Wikki Stix to the top of the ears.
- Create two small black eyes with Wikki Stix, two red circle “cheeks”, and a circle mouth.
- If desired, kids can create the body and lightning bolt tail.
With a little imagination and creativity, kids can create ANY Pokémon character desired with Wikki Stix. Remember, there is no wrong or right way to create with Wikki Stix. Younger kids may wish to create just the head portion of the Pokémon, while older kids may wish to create more intricate designs for their characters.
As the kids finish creating the Wikki Stix Pokémon characters, invite them to hide the characters around the backyard for others to find.
Backyard Scavenger Hunt Game:
- Hide the created Pokémon characters (write down where each created character is hiding)
- Give your friends or family members verbal or written clues to locate each of the created characters. Examples of clues might include: type of Pokémon, special powers, color, and general or specific location clues.
- For a backyard Pokémon party, players can keep the Wikki Stix created characters they find as a special prize for hours of pretend play or future scavenger hunts.
With Wikki Stix, kids can build skills while creating and having FUN! The Pokémon backyard scavenger hunt eliminates concerns over safety and security, while allowing kids to play and collect their own favorite characters!
For more ways that kids can create and play with Wikki Stix, please visit: